Prev: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots Next: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots

Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <TomMcCarthy@x...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:55:27 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots

Well, I guess I can see how this abstraction can significantly simplify
things.

For example, in B5, if we say an Omega destroyer can project four
flights of
fighters (24), it becomes easier to match them against Centauri Sentris
(which blow spoo) if they project 24 strength while the Sentris
effectively
project only 12 strength, but with dogfighting bonuses.  Similarly, the
Minbari Nial (which outclasses the Starfury in almost every way
conceivable)
should probably have a strength of 36 or 42 for 24 fighters.  A little
odd
to see them split into 7 even groups, but still a good reflection of
their
strength (especially with appropriate advantages for survivability, like
heavy).

Prev: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots Next: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots