Prev: RE: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs Next: Re: [FT] Battle report - Dreadplanet vs KV

RE: Sa'Vasku FTL

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:52:16 -0400
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku FTL

The SV FTL must have a mass = 10% of the construct mass. I guess that
you
could build in to the design of the construct an oversize FTL (10% of
(mass
+ 6 per womb)) and require power equal to the construct mass + 6 per
drone
womb be used to engage the FTL (with wombs full or empty). Then it could
jump to FTL with full wombs even if it was undamaged and had not used
any
biomass.

Example:
A Thy'Sa'Teth could be constructed with an oversize FTL (mass 11 instead
of
mass 9) [it would have to loose 2 mass from biomass or in systems]. It
would
take 11 points of power to engage the FTL regardless if the wombs were
empty
or full.
I would suggest that such a ship should also have oversize MD to keep
from
degrading Movement. To keep from having 99 charts, I would suggest that
for
every womb that is occupied (it it would exceed normal mass for the
construct) would incur an extra 10% (round up) in power for MD (that is
normal power cost of 1 would cost 2, normal 6 would cost 7, normal 11
would
cost 13).

-----
Brian Bell