Prev: Re: Re:"interesting"? (Re: Glen's designs) Next: Reroll on '6' Damage

Hanger Bay question

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 18:54:02 +0100
Subject: Hanger Bay question

Hello, I have a few questions relating to hanger bays-

According to More Thrust, (as I read it), an ancilliary craft hanger bay
can hold any small craft that fould fit its capacity, i.e. a capacity 10
hanger could hold 1x MASS 10 craft, or 2x MASS 5 craft, or any other
combination that adds up to no more than MASS 10.
Ok, I have some questions:
could a capacity 6 or more (hanger bay MASS 9+) hanger bay hold a
fighter squadren (MASS 6 of small craft), or do fighter bays require
special fittings (my personal feeling is the latter)?
If fighter bays are distinct from small craft hanger bays, what would
you suggest the mass and cost be for a dual-purpose fighter/small craft
hanger bay?
Is the More Thrust limit that hanger bays have at least capacity 6
(minimum hanger bay mass under FB1/2 is 9 MASS) still in force?

The reason for these questions is that I'm working on a muti-role ship
design concept - for normal operations the ship fills its hangers with
fighters, but it can carry assault landers for special missions.

Finally, has anyone experimented with small (less than 6 fighters)
fighter squadrons based on smaller ships (for instance B5 White Star -
in later episodes shown to carry a small number of Nial fighters +
shuttle craft - IIRC they carry 2-4 Nials).

Charles
--

Prev: Re: Re:"interesting"? (Re: Glen's designs) Next: Reroll on '6' Damage