Prev: Re: [FT] FB2 Balancing Corrections Proposed Next: RE: [FT] FB2 Balancing Corrections Proposed

Glen's ship designs URL

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:18:18 EDT
Subject: Glen's ship designs URL

Sorry about the double post, hit some keys when working on
the first response and it disappeared.	I didn't realize it had been
sent so posted another, and complete, reply.

My ship designs are at:
http://hometown.aol.com/gbailey/GBMain.html

I'll have to repage the "escort" if anyone is interested
(the silhouette is based on Traveller's Gazelle class escort).

Re: Joe's 200 mass SDN
One of my new designs that I just posted is the Lyran DN
at 200 mass, cost 677.	It only has level-1 screens, a little
more armor, but is similarly armed (3 torps, some beam-3s).

The new Lyran designs are based on some new criteria
for SFB related SSDs: single screens (double screens for
next generation ships), armor equal to mass of screens
plus armor if ship has armor, 2 phaser-1s = 1 beam-3,
2 phaser-2s = 1 beam--2, etc (and this is approximate),
2 torp-like weapons = 1 pulse torp, 3 fighters = 1 squadron,
drone rack = 2 MT missiles (a G rack gets an additional PDS).

I did some direct designs: 1:1 weapons, 3xhull for hull boxes,
and cruisers came out to mass about 154 (Klingon D7),
190 (Fed CA), to 210 (Hydran Dragoon).	The Klingon C8
came out to mass 332, FED CVA mass 397 with less than weak
hull, FED DNG mass 354.  A bit massive compared to
FB designs but against each other it doesn't matter that
much.  These are not posted at my website.  I also wrote
up some rules to reflect some SFB rules: HET, all thrust
can be used for turning (cinematic of course), armor is
really ablative shielding so is fixable, Romulans can
decide on a turn by turn basis to cloak or not cloak
but all their military ships must have a cloaking device,
Gorns and Romulans are not restricted when using
Wave Guns for screens and other weapons fire
(hmm, didn't add anything about beams reducing the
damage of a Wave Gun).
Any beam can fire as class-1s (a class-3 can fire as
3 class-1s) at any missiles or fighters within 12mu but
only in the arc of the weapon, no ADFC required
(assummed to be part of the FCs).
Not to be used with regular FT designs unless they
also receive the same benefits.
These haven't been tested, yet.  FB2 might also
amend some of these once I get it.

Glen

Prev: Re: [FT] FB2 Balancing Corrections Proposed Next: RE: [FT] FB2 Balancing Corrections Proposed