Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters

RE: [FT] Ship design advice

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:06:10 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Ship design advice

Looks like an upgunned Valley Forge or Victoria.

If your opponent is beam heavy, then screen-2 is worth the effort, but
from
the look of your opponent, you would be better with screen-1 & use the
mass
for PDS & armour.

Fighters do often die fast, but this can be deceptive, as a well
organised
fighter strike can be devastating.  Effective combat requires about 1
squadron for every 2 PDS you expect fired in defense.  If your opponent
uses
a lot of ADFC, fighters will die in droves.  In this occurance, you keep
the
fighters back until a ship drops out of formation (due to drive damage
or
can't follow the fleet manoeuvers) and finish it off.  This means your
combat line keeps after the undamaged ships which can still blunt a
fighter
strike.

The other use is as an anti-SML force; put squadrons among your groups &
use
endurance to engage salvos which could overwelm your PDS net.

****
If you can get resupplied easily (depends on campaign rules), fielding 3
light carriers (12 squadrons) is capable of disabling enemy capitals in
one
strike.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[Pirates] Dame Captain Washalot