Prev: New pictures on web pages Next: Re: Cannibalism (and yes it was on topic)

Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic)

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 06:14:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic)

I stated pretty clearly in my original idea that they could only eat
each
others hull mass.  This means all weapons, engines, etc., are wasted...
This was an attempt at balance.  The theory behind it was that bio mass
hull
can be easily reformed into other componets, while nodes (power
generation,
drives, weapons, etc.) can't.  I'm not sure if I my original idea would
allow them to eat other ships or not.  It would deffinately put Full
Thrust
in new light.  The Space Combat Game where you don't just have to worry
about your ship's being blown up, but eaten as well...

Either way this would mean that Sa'Vasku fleet repair docks and fleet
support ships would be one and the same.  A big fat (lots of hull,
little
power generation, and few if any weapons) Sa'Vasku ship.  This would
have
several implications in a campaign.  The Sa'Vasku would not build fleet
repair docks.  They don't need them.  They don't have to worry about
specific replacements (if your campaign is that detailed).

IAS

Prev: New pictures on web pages Next: Re: Cannibalism (and yes it was on topic)