Prev: Re: Anybody going to DragonCon? Next: WTB (or trade for) Kra' Vak Full Thrust Mini's

Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefert@m...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 00:26:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

Laserlight wrote:

> >The War against the Chtorr series by David Gerrold
>
> How did you cope with all the angst slopping around?

	This reminds me:  A few years ago when Disney put out "A Bug's
Life",
McDonalds came out with some promotional toys of some of the characters
including a motorized Hemmlich the Caterpillar.  One of my gaming
buddies, who is a whiz at kit bashing, put one of the Hemmlich toys
through some plastic surgery (no pun intended).  With miliput, some
wire, and a fresh paint job he was able to create an startling Chtorr
worm based on the illustrations from Steve Jackson's GURPS WAtC
sourcebook!

	Just recently, he took a toy turtle from a museum souvenir stand
and
transformed it into "Blip" from the old Gammaruaders game.  (Complete
with weapons, tracks, armor, and technicolor shell.)

	I'll ask him if he has any pictures that I can post somewhere.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"Let joy be unconfined. Let there be dancing in the streets,
	drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor."

				      --Groucho Marx (as Otis Driftwood)
					"A Night At the Opera"

E-MAIL: siefert@milwpc.com	      WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: Anybody going to DragonCon? Next: WTB (or trade for) Kra' Vak Full Thrust Mini's