Prev: Re: [DS] Scenario Design for Cons Next: Re: [FT] PAU Ships

RE: [DS] Scenario Design for Cons

From: Michael Brown <mwbrown@v...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:12:57 -0700
Subject: RE: [DS] Scenario Design for Cons

Several points.

1. As others have said, keep it simple.
2. Understand that is a "Travelling" game.  Try to prepare everything
before
you leave the house.  I take an old sheet/blanket and spray paint
roads/streams/woodlines on it.	At the Con all I need is to add trees
and
buildings.
3. Prepare everything in advance, rosters, orders, maps, anything you
might
think of.
4. Span of control.  3-6 units per player.  Tailor the scenario to allow
you to
add another player.  Bring enough units to accommodate 6-10 players, but
set up
for 4-6.  The rest are to allow you to tailor the scenario.
5. Use basic forces, limit the Gee Whiz items.	Grunts, tanks and some
Arty.
 Keep ortillery and other chrome for games after you are more
comfortable with
the rules.
6. Re-read the rules.  Bring a copy with you.  Write down any house
rules in
effect.
7. Steal ideas from everyone.  Look at my site for an example
(http://myweb.veriomail.com/mwbrown)
8. Prepare everything in advance, rosters, orders, maps, anything you
might
think of. (see a theme here?)
9. Be ready to start(not set up) at the appointed time, wait for your
players,
don't have them wait for you.

I've run games at several Cons over the years, and I try to stick by all
of
these.

Michael Brown