Prev: Anybody going to DragonCon? Next: Re: Anybody going to DragonCon?

RE: [OT] Mars, Water

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 18:05:00 +0100 (BST)
Subject: RE: [OT] Mars, Water

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Andrew Apter wrote:

> [DHMO - the hidden menace]
>
> Other Cautions:  The substance is highly adictive withdraw causeing
death in
> 3 days.  The compound can disolve a wide range of substances and
depending
> upon these solutes can exhibit a wide range PHs from extreme acid to
extreme
> base.

Dr John Knowland, one of my lecturers and a world expert on skin cancer,
told us it was one of the main causes of DNA damage, and DNA damage
causes
cancer. What's more, it can undergo heterolytic fission to produce not
one
but *two* free radicals, and free radicals can cause cancer too. Did i
mention that it is involved in hundreds, if not thousands, of known
biochemical reactions which *break down the molecules which compose the
human body*? it can, for instance, react with harmless, natural peptides
to produce oxoacids and ammonia, a strong alkali; acids and alkalis can
both cause severe burns to the skin - think what they can do *inside*
your
body!

tom

Prev: Anybody going to DragonCon? Next: Re: Anybody going to DragonCon?