Prev: Re: [OT] Mars, Water Next: Re: My designs (PWB Game)

Re: [OT] Mars, Water

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:54:57 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Mars, Water

page (via http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain )?

>> Oh, NO! Not that silent killer chemical Di-Hidrogen Monoxide!!

> No, this is Hydrogen Hydroxide, our Chemical Friend. <

No, no, no... It's _Hydronium_ Hydroxide; remember, the stuff is
partially ionic, and dissociates into H3O+ and OH- ions when hydrated
and/or in aqueous solution (55.5 molar concentration). <g>

Phil
"If you let a smile be your umbrella... you'll get wet teeth!"
   -- a forgotten comedian, quoted by me: Phil Atcliffe
				(Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: [OT] Mars, Water Next: Re: My designs (PWB Game)