Prev: Web site for images Next: Re: [OT] Mars, Water

Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefert@m...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 23:33:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

Aron_Clark@digidesign.com wrote:

> Since traffic is a bit light thought I'd share this with you all.
Recently we
> had a thread "Suggested Sci-Fi",
> I took all the related suggestions and complied them in this list.
I've also
> added to it as books are recomended.
> Feel free to email me your additonal military sci-fi suggestions off
list, or on
>  list if you wish.

	So far this summer I've finished L. Neil Smith's "Forge of the
Elders"
and re-read both Heinlien's "Starship Troopers" and "The Moon is a Harsh
Mistress."  Right now, I'm about to tackle Vernor Vinge's "A Fire Upon
the Deep" and Poul Anderson's "Harvet of Stars." If I've got time, I'll
finally start Drake's "The Tank Lords", finish the Honor Harrington
series, and take a short break from sci-fi with either "The
Fountainhead" or "Sharpe's Gold."  In between all that, I want to brush
up on my History (I'm thinking of focusing in either Republican/Imerpial
Rome or the Napleonic Wars.), so I'll throw in some non-fiction as well.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"Let joy be unconfined. Let there be dancing in the streets,
	drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor."

				      --Groucho Marx (as Otis Driftwood)
					"A Night At the Opera"

E-MAIL: siefert@milwpc.com	      WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Web site for images Next: Re: [OT] Mars, Water