Prev: Sa' Vasku Next: Re: Sa' Vasku

Re: [OT] Real Life Space Flight ( was: Summer Reading List)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:53:22 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Real Life Space Flight ( was: Summer Reading List)

G'day Michael,

 >What do you mean, slightly more sensable, Beth?  While a major project
that
 >will take years to realize, colonizing Mars never seemed un-sensable
to me!

I've always thought we'd colonise it to some extent too, its just a LOT
easier now - especially if the hype accompanying the plasma engine pans
out ;)

 >If you can find it, check out the book "Mars Direct" by a couple of
 >scientists/engineers involved in the US space program.  They make a
very
 >good case for our ability to do it with *todays* technology (as
opposed to
 >waiting for nuclear rockets or other drawing board tech).  Excelent
read.

I have had a trawl of the feasible ways you could do it now, but haven't

read that particular book yet I'll give it a look thanks!

 >Opps, there's nothing in this post about FT!

Future history has a lot to do with FT, but that was an admirable link
there ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Sa' Vasku Next: Re: Sa' Vasku