Prev: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List Next: Ti'Dak pic updated

[OT] Real Life Space Flight ( was: Summer Reading List)

From: "Michael DAuben" <mdauben@a...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:21:55 -0500
Subject: [OT] Real Life Space Flight ( was: Summer Reading List)

"Beth Fulton" <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au> opined:

> Guess this news of liquid water on Mars makes all our discussions of
> colonising other worlds SLIGHTLY more sensible hey?

What do you mean, slightly more sensable, Beth?  While a major project
that
will take years to realize, colonizing Mars never seemed un-sensable to
me!

If you can find it, check out the book "Mars Direct" by a couple of
scientists/engineers involved in the US space program.	They make a very
good case for our ability to do it with *todays* technology (as opposed
waiting for nuclear rockets or other drawing board tech).  Excelent
read.

Opps, there's nothing in this post about FT!  Ummm, I've got it!  Are
the UN
minis available in the US yet? I've seen pictures of them on the
internet
and GZG lists them in the back of FB2, but they aren't on the GeoHex (US
Distributor) web page yet.

--
Michael D'Auben
mdauben@ameritech.net

Prev: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List Next: Ti'Dak pic updated