Prev: Re: THEL Next: Re: Whatever (was a lot of things)

RE: The interception challenge

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:07:29 +1000
Subject: RE: The interception challenge

G'day Mikko,

This is something that came to me this morning and is only semi-serious,
haven't thought it out and probably breaks most of your rules Mikko, but

having said all that....

Assuming you know where the blighters jumped in (i.e. even if you can't
identify them out at spot billyo you can detect they just appeared
there),
I'd start at the point C we're supposed to be defending and then I'd
send
out waves of ships out towards the detection point, first wave at speed
6
(we were supposed to be using from the book FB1 designs weren't we?) and

then speed 5 etc down. So even if I'm such a lousy flyer one of my
groups
can't keep you in range for long, between them they should do a pretty
good
job.

Now I'd better go get in that bunker before Mikko hits the Narn Bat
Squad
speed dial button ;)

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: THEL Next: Re: Whatever (was a lot of things)