Prev: Re: Retrograde skirmishers Next: Re: [FT]: SV womb mod for fighters

Re: SaVasku Needle POD

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:49:26 +0100
Subject: Re: SaVasku Needle POD

In message
<CA379025AEA1D3118A0D0000BC11753A04C69F0F@MAIL1.sts-systems.ca>
	  NGarbett@STSSystems.com wrote:

> Any one like to agree or shoot down in flames the following idea.
>
> Needle POD
>
> 1 bio mass   3 power	range 36"
> All ships within 6" take a hit as per one needle beam on  a roll of a
5 or
> 6.
>

> A bit like the effect of one of those Star Wars X ray laser
satellites,
> looked like
> a WWII mine, that the US were thinking about developing to shoot down
ICBMs

----

> Nick Garbett
> Senior Design Build Engineer
> STS Systems (Europe) Ltd.
> Tel : (+44) 0121 717 6817
> Fax : (+44) 0121 717 6801
>
> email: ngarbett@stssystems.com

Hmm.. how does it know which systems on the target ships to attack?

I did come up with my own idea for a needle pod, it was a modified lance
pod that tageted a single designated system on the target vessel, cf.
needle beam.

3 power, 1 bio mass, Range 12 MU, roll damage as 1 beam dice (no
re-rolls, but penetrating), if the roll was a 6, then the target system
is damaged or destroyed.

On the subject of pods, other ideas I had:

Gunge pods (also called much ruder things by DC parties - q.v.)

This pod costs the standard 3 power, 1 biomass, and has a range of 12
MU, when it hits the target ship, it bursts into splatters of a quick
setting bio-epoxy goop, covering part of the target ship.

Roll a threshold check for all non-core systems on the target, with the
threshold number based on the size of the ship:

1-100: 4,5, or 6
101-200: 5 or 6
200+: 6

If a system fails the check, it is covered in goop and is inoperable
until cleaned (by damage control parties, at the usual chance of success
for repairs).

Gas Pods/Vapour Pods

3 power, 1 biomass, range: 18 MU, these create a cloud of vapour round
the target vessel which lasts until the end of the current turn. The
cloud acts in all ways as a vapour shroud (ship has level-2 screen
protection, but cannot attack at all).

I also considered a giant pod launcher capable of launching swarms of
drones (cf. a giant interceptor pod), in a similar manner to that
propsed by Nyrath in the SV womb mod for fighters thread, and inspired
by the same source.

Charles
--

Prev: Re: Retrograde skirmishers Next: Re: [FT]: SV womb mod for fighters