Prev: Re: stargrunt.com Next: Re: stargrunt.com

RE: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:33:40 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

> > Tom McCarthy wrote:
> > > anti-ship weaponry which hits on a 4+ and does D6 damage,
> ignores screens
> > > (+24 pts / flight)
> >
> > Actually in the FB2, the rules for Torpedo fighters changed a bit
and I
> > haven't seen any discussion on it so I thought I'd bring it up.
> >
> > The to-hit roll is the same (4+) but the change is in how damage is
> > determined.  Instead of rolling a 2nd d6 for damage, the
> torpedo does damage
> > equal to the result of the to-hit roll (4, 5 or 6, a 1-3 is a
> miss).  This
> > saves a roll and results in a higher average damage per hit (5
> instead of
> > 3.5) and higher average damage per shot (2.5 instead of 1.75).
> >
> > What do the masses think?
> >
> > Dean Gundberg
>
> Erm now I'm confused...........I thought attack fighters got a +1
> on the dice roll.
> I don't have FB2 with me but if torpedo fighters cause damage as
> per normal rolling

Nope damage is not per normal beam dice, its the actual result of the
to-hit
roll.  Sorry if I wasn't clear, see below for a better explanation

> then what do attack fighters get?
> Do attack fighters still exist in FB2?

Attack fighters are the same as in MT.

Torpedo Fighters in MT: 4+ to-hit then a second d6 rolled and result is
damage.

Torpedo Fighters in FB2: 4+ to-hit and any hit does damage equal to the
result of the to-hit roll (4, 5, or 6 points of damage).

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: stargrunt.com Next: Re: stargrunt.com