Prev: Sa'Vasku EW Pod Next: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

RE: SaVasku Needle POD

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:59:04 -0400
Subject: RE: SaVasku Needle POD

This seems a bit too much for my tasts.
Needle attacks need guidance. Most of the pod designs do not require a
great
amount of guidance (interceptor pods being the exception and they pay
for it
by 1/2 range limit). If the needle pod has only ONE attack, it would
work,
but being able to attack all ships in range is too much. Also, range
should
be 24 like the lance and leech pods.

However, an EMP pod could work. 1 biomass/3 power range 24. Any ship
within
6tu of the EMP pod takes a threshold check. All fighters within 6tu
loose 1
endurance (I was going to suggest that they are "disrupted and unable to
attack for 1 round", but thought that the loss of endurance was less
servere). This would be nasty when used in conjuction with leech pods
(do I
use the DCP to fix systems or kill leeches?).

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

Prev: Sa'Vasku EW Pod Next: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)