Prev: Re: The iCloak Next: RE: The iCloak

Re: GZG Fighter bases

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:23:36 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: GZG Fighter bases

On 14-Jun-00 at 14:17, krs@geohex.com (krs@geohex.com) wrote:

> We are working on a redesign of the fighter base in use
> here.  Small raised areas on a 1 1/2" diameter base to
> hold the fighters and a place for a die or two at the back
> (the space will accomadate one 10mm or the two fives
> mentioned previously).  I've always been against the
> wires, (sorry Jon, but I've based over a hundred of the
> buggers now and I've glued my LAST fighter to a wire!!)
> but when I desperately needed bases I accepted the
> design made by Marty at Simtac.  The redesigned raised
> areas will be either truncated pyramids or cones, three
> short ones in front and three taller ones in the back.  The
> base will have a marked area to show field of fire.
> Nothing has been carved as yet so if the field has any
> suggestions . . . ?

Is this going to be used with something other than FT?	Fields
of fire aren't necessary for FT.

I like the B5 fleet action fighter bases, but it looks like the
fighters need to be designed for them.

I don't like the reworked (old style) GZG fighter bases.  I came
up with something I like better but cutting 12 pieces of brass,
glueing 6 to a piece of flat brass with a homemade jig and 6
to the fighter, along with a bead wire then painting everything
turned out to be a major hassle.

Now, if you designed your base with a hole and notch for 1 wire
for tracking endurance would make it much easier, beads are
cheap and easy.

Roger

Prev: Re: The iCloak Next: RE: The iCloak