Prev: RE: The iCloak Next: Re: The iCloak

Re: GZG Fighter bases

From: krs@g...
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:11:49 -0700
Subject: Re: GZG Fighter bases

On 13 Jun 00, at 19:18, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> Yes, we now do a cast metal hex base (about an inch across)
> with a depression for a small die or counter, and six
> cast-in holes to take short wire lengths (wire not supplied)
> to put the fighters on. They are 0.75 UKP each (they're
> quite thick and heavy). They need a little work to mount the
> wires and fighters, but look very effective if you use
> different wire lengths to put the fighters at different
> heights. I'm pretty sure I put some masters into the last
> package to GeoHex - but if I didn't - KR, can you let me
> know??

I haven't seen 'em, they must not have made the trip
since everything else is fine.

We are working on a redesign of the fighter base in use
here.  Small raised areas on a 1 1/2" diameter base to
hold the fighters and a place for a die or two at the back
(the space will accomadate one 10mm or the two fives
mentioned previously).	I've always been against the
wires, (sorry Jon, but I've based over a hundred of the
buggers now and I've glued my LAST fighter to a wire!!)
but when I desperately needed bases I accepted the
design made by Marty at Simtac.  The redesigned raised
areas will be either truncated pyramids or cones, three
short ones in front and three taller ones in the back.	The
base will have a marked area to show field of fire.
Nothing has been carved as yet so if the field has any
suggestions . . . ?

KR, Geo-Hex

Prev: RE: The iCloak Next: Re: The iCloak