Prev: Re: Santovasku battleship pics Next: Re: The interception challenge

"Optional" rules

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:05:28 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: "Optional" rules

Örjan,

 Since you started quoting on me, I actually dug out my rulebook. Lo and
behold, FT2 pg. 2 reads:

"...the various parts of the Advanced rules MAY be added, either all at
once or PIECEMEAL AS DESIRED. Pick and choose which of the Advanced
rules
YOU wish to use -- they are ALL effectively OPTIONAL..." (emphasis
mine).

This, IMHO, implies that the game is designed to work regardless of
which
optional rules one might choose to use or ignore. Jon, please correct me
if I'm wrong.

Now, I'm perfectly willing to discuss CORE RULES ONLY. But if you feel
those are inadequate, perhaps you'd be generous enough to share your
view
as to which of the optional rules are not actually optional at all?

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Santovasku battleship pics Next: Re: The interception challenge