Prev: RE: GZG Fighter bases Next: Re: The interception challenge

Re: Forcing fights

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:28:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Forcing fights

>I'd like to be proven wrong, but I've yet to see anyone take
even the
>slight mathematical interest in [generating intercepts].

Let us assume that there are a limited number of jump points
(Alderson points); and that the maximum speed to make jump
transit is relatively low (eg you have to spend 2 turns within a
12" radius of the jump point to give your FTL gear time to
function).  Exit locus in the defender's system may move around
a bit (so you can't just park a dreadplanet there to whack
anything that comes through).  Speed is unlimited for normal
travel.  Station your intercept force at or near the jump point.
Assume the intercept force is non-FTL capable and puts that
extra mass towards main drives, so they're 2 points faster than
equivalent invaders.
Wouldn't that generate intercepts for you?

Prev: RE: GZG Fighter bases Next: Re: The interception challenge