Prev: Minor Powers: (was: Find a clue?) Next: RE: Crowbars

Re: Find a clue?

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 21:55:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Find a clue?

>I keep hearing discussion of the "minor" powers, such as the
>OUDF(sp?) and references to them in the Full Thrust books.
>I'm usually good at finding such references, but this time
>I am totally at a loss.
>
>Can anyone give me a clue and tell me where such discussion
>takes place?  I feel like I'm missing an "in" joke that I
>should know about.
>
>Roger

No...are you not recognizing the abbreviations, or is it
something else?
Some minor powers:
OUDF = Oceanic Union (thus OU Defense Force OUDF)
NI = New Israel
AE = Alarishi Empire (not canon but I keep lobbing ideas onto
the list)
IF = Islamic Federation

I assume most of the others you'd recognize.

<GRIN>
  You can find the many of the _very_ minor powers--ie, the
owners created them, posted them to the list, and then stopped
making a nuisance of themselves (unlike, say, the creator of the
Alarishi Empire) so we forgot about them--on the Encyclopedia
Galactica, which IIRC is on the web ring and if not, Jerry will
put it on there any minute now.   Some of those are excellent,
some were just poorly thought out, some intended as jokes, some
turned out that way despite the creators' intents...
</GRIN>

Prev: Minor Powers: (was: Find a clue?) Next: RE: Crowbars