Prev: Re: GZG Fighter bases Next: RE: GZG Fighter bases

RE: Crowbars

From: Mark Harvey <mark@b...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:45:47 -0700
Subject: RE: Crowbars

Roger hit it right I believe.  Even if these crowbars were physically
impossible, there is a high probability of some sort of large scale
destructive weapon that couldn't be stopped existing in some form.  The
reason that we can mostly ignore such devices is definatly political.
Does
anyone remember an old Avalon Hill board game called "Freedom in the
Galaxy"?  In this game the Empire could create atrocity units (such
nasties
as Planetary Destablizers that stoped the planet's rotation and killing
everything on the planet).  The problem with using such weapons was the
political ramifications.  All nearby systems had huge negative political
shifts against you, and any planet that was owned by the same race as
the
planet you decimated went to the brink of rebellion.  The other side
(the
Rebels) did not possess such devices, but still the Empire was kept in
check
in using them.	Except in extreme cases (such as taking out the Rebel
base)
using such a weapon was counter-productive.  No use having an Empire if
there is no actual real-estate left.  Of course, there could be some
races
that are on a Genocide mission to erradicate all life...everywhere.  And
that could make for a very interesting Many against One campaign.  Just
another thought...

Mark