Prev: Re: Retrograde skirmishers Next: RE: Retrograde skirmishers

Re: Retrograde skirmishers

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:08:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Retrograde skirmishers

>> You're changing the universe again.
>
>Laserlight, this will make _four_ times that I've attempted to
point out on
>this mailing list that I _do_ fly battleships at random in our
pseudo-campaign,
>partially for the express purpose of annihilating those who get
too zealous in
>stocking their PDS by swapping on them unexpectedly.  (And
partially because
>I like to just play a wide variety of tactics for the sheer
enjoyment value
>alone.)  Don't accuse me of "changing the universe" because you
weren't paying
>attention the first three times.

Each time has been a different facet, I guess.

I suppose my view of a campaign includes a strong element of
economics; insofar as I can tell, the "pseudo-campaign" y'all
are running do not.  That is, it sounds like you can pretty much
design any ship of any size you like and bring it to the table,
without having to pay attention to things like R&D costs, scale
efficiency, logistics, getting the fleet from point A to point
B, and so forth.  If you described more detail, I didn't see it
(which is not to say you didn't send it--I get 100-200 messages
daily and I tend to skim).

This is _not_ to say that "bring 5000 points of any description
to the board" wouldn't be interesting--it would be a useful
venue to experiment with--I just don't think of that as a
campaign.  Perhaps you have a URL with the rules where I could
read them all in one chunk and get the complete picture?

Prev: Re: Retrograde skirmishers Next: RE: Retrograde skirmishers