Prev: Re: Retrograde gimmickry Next: Re: Retrograde gimmickry

Re: FTL Communication

From: "Robert W. Hofrichter" <RobHofrich@p...>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 22:26:34 -0400
Subject: Re: FTL Communication

----- Original Message -----
From: <BDShatswell@aol.com>
To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 4:05 PM
Subject: FTL Communication

> Hello all,
>
> I was curious how everyone else handles fleet FTL communication in
their
> campaigns.  The way I see it happening is via FTL courier drones
carried
by
> the larger vessels.  These small unmanned ships could possibly jump to
> designated point and broadcast their electronic message or jump to a
pick-up
> point where another vessel can recover it.  This would depend on the
> situation and the information being sent.  What do you all think?  How
have
> you guys dealt with this issue?
>
> Bill

I assume courier vessels for the most part (that's basically what
anything
under frigate size is used for anyway in my version of the GZGverse).
On
the other hand, an unmanned unit would be more efficient for "public"
messages (ones that aren't secret/top secret).	But who (what ship) is
going
to carry them--since you'd probably want several, and those would take
up
space you could use for weapons.  Plus there's that computer fritz
factor
that GZG FTL seems to have.

Just a thought or two...worth precisely what you paid for it (and not a
penny less).

Rob

Prev: Re: Retrograde gimmickry Next: Re: Retrograde gimmickry