Prev: Re: [Fwd: "Custom" fleets] Next: Retrograde gimmickry

Re: [Fwd: "Custom" fleets]

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:43:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [Fwd: "Custom" fleets]

At 01:08 PM 6/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>My points remain two: 1) A tweakable Beam 5 or 6 fleet is no more
gimmicked
>than a tweakable dreadplanet. 2) Both a Beam 5-6 fleet _and_ a
>fighter-overkill dreadplanet _are_ gimmicks.

It may be just me, but I every time that I read the word "dreadplanet",
cannot help but imagine Andre the Giant wrapped in a holoaust cloak,
saying
"I am the Dwead pwanet Woberts!"

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: [Fwd: "Custom" fleets] Next: Retrograde gimmickry