Prev: Signing off for a bit Next: (DS2, SG2) New Additions to my Web Site

Re: "Custom" fleets

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 20:32:39 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: "Custom" fleets

On  9-Jun-00 at 17:38, stiltman@teleport.com (stiltman@teleport.com)
wrote:

> > No, but he is firing it from up to 72mu away, at a target with
> > thrust-1. It is rather trivial to stay away from the dreadstar :-/
>
> Well, yes, but he _does_ have to fire the thing while he's pointed at
me.
> If I'm approaching him at a zigzag, he's got to turn towards me, hope
he's
> not approaching me, then be able to turn back around and thrust.  If I
just
> thrust continuously at him sooner or later he's either going to go off
the
> board or he's no longer going to be able to fire the thing at me.

I would consider that abuse of the edge of the board... :)

Just for a look at most of my last PBeM battle, you can see the pictures
at http://www.jumpspace.net  You can't have this kind of maneuver battle
with fixed edges.  It also shows that faster moves can be used for
more than running away.

> And if all else fails, I'll just head for the nearest planet he wants
> keep.  32 dice of plasma bolts might just shatter a planet's crust. ;)

And if it is a planet you need to keep?

Roger

Prev: Signing off for a bit Next: (DS2, SG2) New Additions to my Web Site