Prev: RE: "Custom" fleets Next: Re: "Custom" fleets

Re: "Custom" fleets

From: stiltman@t...
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:39:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "Custom" fleets

> That is not what Oerjan said. IIRC (IMW) is that the balance of the
fleet
> was Beijing/BEs (ADAF/PDS escort version of the Beijing/B as listed in
the
> text section, and thus stock). The 20-21 Beijing/BEs would more than
enough
> to take out your fighters.

How many PDS would that be?  60 or so?	*makes a note to self to look at
his
FB1 when he gets home*	Not sure that would stop 41 fighter groups...

> Then the single Komorov would take out your
> battle planet (as was listed, since you would not know how to modify
it to
> fit his force) using the class-4s. The class-4 beams also have a
> Forward-Port and Forward-Starboard arc, so do not need to be directly
facing
> you do hit you. As long as the play area is 97" wide, and you do not
move to
> push your opponent off the edge of the would, he should still succeed.
If
> you move so that he must come within 36" of you to circle you or go
out, you
> are using "edge of the world" tactics. Also, since he will have some
> Beijings left, they would dart in when every your rear arc faced them.

Heh... all right.  How about I'll make it moot?  I'll tweak the thing to
get rid of the needle beams and give it some class 4's.  As I observed,
the
massive plasma armament I added in the first FB2 version probably makes
the
needle beams obsolete for the purposes I had them there before.

(Yeah, that's a minor cop-out... but getting a few ideas _was_ the
reason
that I signed on to this list in the first place, so... ;)
--
 The Stilt Man		      stiltman@teleport.com

Prev: RE: "Custom" fleets Next: Re: "Custom" fleets