Prev: Re: Retrograde from hell Next: Re: "Custom" fleets

RE: Retrograde from hell

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:50:43 -0400
Subject: RE: Retrograde from hell

Ahh! Someone else who plays vector.

I usually use a house rule that removes the rear arc restriction
excactly
because of this. It makes no sense to have a ship burn all but 1 point
of
thrust, turn 180 degrees, and not be able to fire out of what is now the
rear arc (i.e. the direction the ship is moving), but be able to fire
the
direction the engines were firing. So unless you are going to track
which
arc the ship applied thrust into (groan, another marker), to prohibit
that
arc, it makes no sense.

Vector players, how do you use this rule?
  1) The aft arc of the ship during the firing phase
  2) The arc that the ship thrusted into during movement
  3) Ignore Rule
  4) Other (please specify)

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

[snip]

> Lastly, how does one change the current rules to do so without adding
> undue
> complication or artificial feeling rules?  One way might be change the
> rule
> that aft arcs are no longer limiting to fire - making it the current
arc
> opposite the direction in which the majority of thrust from the Main
Drive