Prev: Re: FB2... hmmmm... Next: RE: FB2 Vapour Shroud

Re: "Custom" fleets

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 07:22:39 +0200
Subject: Re: "Custom" fleets

stiltman@teleport.com wrote:

>On the other hand, I've seen both Oerjan and Noam suggest with a
>straight face that someone make a strategy out of using a long-range
>beam and abuse the floating edge to ping away at people.

Put it like this: my then-local opponents stopped using such tactics
about half a year after FB1 was published, and designs like the ones
Noam describes, because I consistently beat them with far more
"standardized" (FB1 published style) designs. The extreme-range human
beam weapons are a possible counter-design to your effectively immobile
dreadstar-from-hell, but they're a very far cry from "unbeatable" on
the floating tables.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: FB2... hmmmm... Next: RE: FB2 Vapour Shroud