Prev: Re: "Custom" fleets Next: RE: "Custom" fleets

FB2 Vapour Shroud

From: ODUPSHAW3@c...
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:59:25 EDT
Subject: FB2 Vapour Shroud

oerjan.ohlson@telia.com writes:

<< Espen Sortland wrote:

 >Plasma Bolt ops.
 >
 >turn 1 load plasma bolts, vapor shroud UP

 Get hit by enemy fighters/missiles and can't fire back - ouch <g>

 >turn 2 fire plasma bolts, and normal pulsers, vapor shroud down
 >turn 3 load plasma bolts, vapor shroud UP

 Get hit by enemy fighters/missiles again and *still* can't fire back at
 them...

 If the enemy has fighters and/or missiles, you *don't* want to shroud
 all your ships at the same time.

 Regards,

 Oerjan Ohlson
 oerjan.ohlson@telia.com >>

Thanks for the information I thought I was missing something.  If you
shroud
you can not fire and your point defense net goes down.	In my galaxy we
call
this "missile bait."  If you leave your ships with AFDC unshrouded they
are
going to be priority targets.  If you never shroud, so that you can keep
your
point defense online you are wasting points.  In small battles with few
fighters or missiles I can see the usefulness of the system, but in
larger
battles I think I will swap the shroud with a level one screen.
     Another use for the shroud would be a for scout ship.  There your
mission is not to fight but to survive and get back with your
information.
Or you could put it on a ship armed with one shot weapons.  Close, fire,

shroud and run away.

Oliver Dewey Upshaw III

Prev: Re: "Custom" fleets Next: RE: "Custom" fleets