Prev: Re: FB2 SV Drone Question Next: Re: "Custom" fleets

Re: FB2... hmmmm...

From: Brian Bell <bkb@b...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 22:19:31 -0400
Subject: Re: FB2... hmmmm...

At 15:48 2000-06-08 -0700, you wrote:
>[snip]
>
> > Unless you have modified the re-roll rules (to not re-rolling
re-rolls
> > that
> > come up with a "6"), the correct values are 4 4/5, 3 4/5 and 2 4/5.
>
>4 2/3, 3 2/3, and 2 2/3 then, isn't it?  4 out of 6 on the rerolls?
>
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>  The Stilt Man		stiltman@teleport.com
>    http://www.teleport.com/~stiltman/stiltman.html
>    < We are Microsoft Borg '98.  Lower your expectations and	  >
>    < surrender your money.  Antitrust law is irrelevant.	  >
>    < Competition is irrelevant.  We will add your financial and >
>    < technological distinctiveness to our own.  Your software   >
>    < will adapt to service ours.  Resistance is futile.	  >

Actually the odds are slightly highter.
  4 out of 6 + (1 reroll gets 4 out 6 + (1 reroll gets 4 out of 6...))
but
close enough. Theoreticaly, any beam weapon has infinite damage
potential
(if it keeps rolling 6's). I have managed to do over 6 points of damage
from a beam at long range (I think it was just before I failed that Life

Support systems check and rolled a 1 for turns to fix it, and failed).
---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
---

Prev: Re: FB2 SV Drone Question Next: Re: "Custom" fleets