Prev: Re: FB2... hmmmm... Next: Re: FB2... hmmmm...

Re: FB2, ubership with needle beams

From: stiltman@t...
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:26:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FB2, ubership with needle beams

> >Perhaps not.  But with 15 needle beams, that's two and a half hits
per turn.
> >Point that at a conventional capital ship and their fire controls
probably
> >will not survive more than two or three turns of sustained fire.

> On a main drive 1 ship?  You actually expect to have anyone get within
> range of your 15 needle beams, especially in their limited arc of
fire?
> You are assuming way too much.

No... only that someone might try to simply plow their way through the
fighters this thing carries and trade shots with it at point blank range
with a battleship.  The needle beams are there to give people a reason
not
to do that; if you stay close to it you'll be out of fire controls
before
your weapons will do a terrible amount of damage.  If you get within
range
and firing arc becomes an issue, I'll park the ship and spin as I need.
If
you stay out of its range, they've done their job without having to fire
shot.
--
 The Stilt Man		      stiltman@teleport.com

Prev: Re: FB2... hmmmm... Next: Re: FB2... hmmmm...