Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

RE: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:49:51 -0500
Subject: RE: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

> I have been through some playtest experiences (B5Wars and Fleet
> Books I & II
> most directly), so I know a bit about how errors slip through.
> Still, I find
> it hard to believe that many errors could slip through unless the
> playtesters were either flooded with info or ignored when the final
draft
> was produced (and I know B5Wars was improved by playtest, so I have to
> assume Fleet Action was, too).

FA chaged greatly from its initial playtest pack to what was finally
released.  The problem was, as Robert Glass just mentioned on the FA
mailing
list, that they rushed it into production and it only went by 1 editor
instead of the usual 3 editors.  The B5 list had repeaadedly said to
delay
products to get them right the first time but they pushed it on this and
Robert says it won't happen again and all the corrections will be in the
first supplement of all of the Earth and Minbari ships.

AoG messed up and this will hurt them.

FYI, anyone else read that Wizards of the Coast is now buying Last
Unicorn
Games?

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review