Prev: Re: FB2... hmmmm... Next: Re: ARGH Re: [OT] EFSB at Titan Games

The Airbrushing Chronicles Part III

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefert@m...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 00:04:12 -0500
Subject: The Airbrushing Chronicles Part III

Hello all:
	Mark's adventures with his trustee Paasche VL continue!
Tonight's
episode:  LIQUID MASK OF DEATH!

	I wanted to give a jungle cammo scheme to my new Void Korvous
walker.
Since I wanted to try to cut the time it took to paint the fig, I
decided to to use a liquid masking compound rather than the sheet
plastic friskets.  After giving the model it's first coat of olive drab,
I proceeded to mask off the areas I wished to remain that color after I
gave its it green coat.  With that done and airbrushing finished I
proceeded to remove the masks....
	...Only to find that I can't see to easily get the blasted
things off
without scraping them off (not a good idea).  I even tried to use warm
water to soften the masks.  Some masks were so thin that they were
sandwiched in between the coats of paint and couldn't be removed at
all.  I guess I have to start all over again.  This time, I'll stick
with the plastic friskets.  Perhaps I'll give freehand painting a try.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"Let joy be unconfined. Let there be dancing in the streets,
	drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor."

				      --Groucho Marx (as Otis Driftwood)
					"A Night At the Opera"

E-MAIL: siefert@milwpc.com	      WWW:
http://www.homegame.org/siefert
=

Prev: Re: FB2... hmmmm... Next: Re: ARGH Re: [OT] EFSB at Titan Games