Prev: Re: [DS2] Mobile Combat Brewery? Next: RE: Grazers (was: Pre-measuring things)

The can of worms (Measuring)

From: "Paul Radford" <paulradford@i...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:47:39 +0100
Subject: The can of worms (Measuring)

All,

It seems that in writing that portion of the tournament rules for Gencon
UK
2000 concerning measurment has open a whole can of worms.

It comes down to: Allow pre-measure, or don't allow premeasure.

I've come up with this rule as a replacement for the current one
regarding
measuring:

"Pre-measuring of any and all distances will be allowed. Judges reserve
the
right to intercede at any table where they believe that unnessecary time
wasting is going on through measuring. Interceding will range from a
verbal
warning to the banning of pre-measurment by the offending player in the
most
extreme cases."

Good idea? Bad? Comments?

Its true that there are those who look to the competitive part of the
tournament and forget about fun, playing the game, and being involved.
Its
the first tournament i've tried to organise and as always the GZG List
is
inspirational! There are bound to be a few teething problems.

Cheers,

Paul
"Oh my god! They've summoned Cthulhu! You bastards!

Web Pages:
http://www.innotts.co.uk/~paulradford/

Prev: Re: [DS2] Mobile Combat Brewery? Next: RE: Grazers (was: Pre-measuring things)