Prev: RE: [DS2] Combat Group Competition Next: Re: COWS? was pre-measuring..

FT: needle beams on Aquarian

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:55:45 EDT
Subject: FT: needle beams on Aquarian

>> Btw, it's a 1000 mass Aquarian (sp?).

>*drool*  Is there a URL where I could look at this puppy somewhere?
It's
>not on the registry, so... :)

No URL; just on a sheet of paper, in pre-FB1 style, and in someone
else's hands.  It probably should be pointed out FB style but a
guesstimation at the table before a game showed it to be close.
What I recall is 2 class-5 beams, 17 PDS, 1 ADFC, 6 FCs, MD2,
4 screen generators (too much redundacy or I would needle them).
and a lot more other beams; at short beam range it has about 70 dice
in its best arc and around 65 dice in 2-4 other arcs.
I'll copy it down next time I see it, also to verify its numbers, and
let you know.  The owner has a lot of Aquarian miniatures and SSDs.
Come to think of it, he might have downloaded the SSDs from
somewhere but I don't know where.

I've come up with some little needlers (mass 14, MD6, 2 needles,
2 armor, 2 hull, 1 FC, 48 points) to work him over but if that big
boy has escorts then they can wipe out a lot of those needlers.
I put on the extra armor and hull (the first threshold has a slim
chance of wiping out the FC or both needles) just to avoid PDS
fire from taking out "one-hit wonders".  :)

Glen

Prev: RE: [DS2] Combat Group Competition Next: Re: COWS? was pre-measuring..