Prev: Re: Pre-measuring things Next: Re: Grazers (was: Pre-measuring things)

RE: Grazers (was: Pre-measuring things)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 08:31:52 -0400
Subject: RE: Grazers (was: Pre-measuring things)

OK, OK! You made me do it!

Grazer/HPS (Herbavore Projection System)

Class: 1-10
Mass: 2 per class
Arcs: 1
Extra Arcs: 1 mass each (max 3) per class
Ammo: Mass 2 each (includes space for organic
      nutrients and waste disposal)
Damage: As Beam, ignores screens, causes
	threshold check against Bridge core system.

Developed on the agricultural world of Bo'Vine, the Grazer or HPS was
developed as a way to meet the requirements of defense, enviroment, and
peculiar religious beliefs. The system quick-freezes a herbavore (Guinea
Pig
size to Elefant size depending on class of weapon), coats it with a
ferrous
coating, and projects it using magnetic fields at percent-of-C
velocities.
Due to the disquieting nature of this weapon, the first time a ship is
hit
by a Grazer, a threshold check is made vs the Bridge system (failure
indicates the bridge crew is too busy throwing up to continue combat
until a
DCP can clean up the mess).

Duck and hide from the Narn Bat Squad.

8-)