Prev: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi Next: Re: [DS2] Combat Group Competition

Re: [DS2] Mobile Combat Brewery?

From: aebrain@d...
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 03:14:50 GMT
Subject: Re: [DS2] Mobile Combat Brewery?

>>What would you field if you were allowed any genre and the
>figures were
>>available ?
>
>You're saying "what figures would you use to make up this
>force?"
>
>(maniacal grin)
>
>The Dwarvish 357th Mobile Combat Brewery!

Now that's an idea for a conversion. I've already made some Ork Goffik
Rokkers
in 6mm. My skills are good enough to make good drumkits, adequate mikes
and
cymbals, but carving the guitars was both difficult and less than fully
successful.
Though the lead singer bears a resemblance to one Mick Jagger if you see
the
photos (in the egroups Epic vault).

Ork bikes are available off the shelf, but if I wanted to do some Elvish
Mods
to go with em, I'd have to carve lambretta scooters from scratch.
Actually,
thinking about it, that's probably doable... pole bases as the wheels...

(Somebody please stop me...)

Mobile Combat Brewery. Well, I have some 1/220 scale barrels. N gauge
ones might
be even better. I've got a spare Ork Boiler and chimney arrangement that
would
do well for the fermentation vats. Coiled wire for the tubing... a small
bar
on the side... barstools made from Epic old style banner poles... use
the tops
of them for the dispensing levers a la typical UK pub...

OK, I'll do it. One DS2 scale (6mm) Dwarf Mobile Combat Brewery and Pub
coming
up. Any ideas for a basic chassis?

Prev: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi Next: Re: [DS2] Combat Group Competition