Prev: Re: Pre-measuring things Next: Re: Measurements...

Re: Pre-measuring things

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 08:03:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Pre-measuring things

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@swob.dna.fi>
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 06:38 AM

>Frankly, no. Just last Friday I lost the game because I
couldn't eyeball
>the length of the gaming table. And it's my own bloody table to
boot! I've
>had it for 15 years! And I couldn't remember how long it was.
Because I
>don't like to base my tactics on gamesmanship like that.

So, your ships don't have radar?

>Hey, let's take this one step further: Would it be entirely
unreasonable
>to assume that FT warships carry battlecomputers that can
calculate the
>possible locations of enemy ships for a few turns in advance?

In vector, at least, of course you can.  Generally I ask people
to lay out their "unmodified end marker" each turn--helps them
write their orders, helps me place my missiles.

>But I *choose* not to. I wouldn't even "gaze into the crystal
ball" in a
>PBeM game, should I actually play one.
And your strength is as the strength of ten, because your heart
is pure?

>However, I'm not naive enough to assume this is the case for
everyone
>involved (i.e. I don't believe in enforcing honor.

What has honor to do with it?  If your ships don't use radar and
computers, that's not likely to get me to ignore mine.

Prev: Re: Pre-measuring things Next: Re: Measurements...