Prev: Re: [FT] Missing ships Next: Re: Ship sales

Re: [FT] Missing ships

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:59:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Missing ships

>I would think the NAC would not sell to the LLAR (at least no
>major/up-to-date ships) because of the long-standing enmity due
to the NAC's
>occupation of South America. Otherwise, I think the LLAR would
otherwise buy
>from all producers and be able to design/licence-build vessels
up to DD or
>perhaps CL size. Industrial capacity is not sufficient to
self-build all the
>vessels they need, so they still buy smaller ships as well as
capital
>vessels. Also able to convert larger ships. Main foreign
supplier would be
>ESU (common enemy in the NAC) and FSE (ditto, plus cultural
links to
>Spain/Portugal).

Perhaps also NSL.

>I also would like to have the LLAR buy the Konstantin CV.

The only likely other candidate for it that I can think of is
the PAU, and I'd say LLAR is a lot more probable.  Rather than
appeal to only one nation's sentiments by naming it after a
specific hero, how about call it  _Libertador_?

Prev: Re: [FT] Missing ships Next: Re: Ship sales