Prev: Fleet Book 3 Next: Re: Fleet Book 3

Re: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:38:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt

Denny Graver wrote:

> I'm thinking of running a SG/DS PBEMbattle using the chain
> of command, fog of war, LOS etc - fighting the out a game based on
say.. The
> Ogre Scenario: Ceasefire collapse would be interesting, I think.
Obviously
> the game scales are different, and GZG powered armour troops don#t
shoot
> I'm still formulating my ideas on this, but it would run like a
kreigspiel
> style
> game with unit commanders knowing where the enemy is only if he can be
> seen/detected.
>
> DS Players would give general orders for their units which would
advance
> towards their objectives/waypoints at the appropriate speed.	When
forces
> make Contact the game turn would be noted and details would be sent to
> appropriate unit commanders for responses.  This might mean a battle
> resolved by Dirtside if the forces are large enough, or Stargrunt if
> Skirmish sized.
>
> Any thoughts on this, anyone ?

If you pull this off, this'll be the first DS2/SG2 PBeM I'll have
heard of (besides my aborted attempt at a DS2 game a couple years
ago; logistics proved to be more than my resources were capable of).

Good luck! If you do it, I'd be willing to participate at the DS2 level.
I can make my orders *real* general.  ;-)

Mk

Prev: Fleet Book 3 Next: Re: Fleet Book 3