Prev: Re: Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My! Next: RE: Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Re: Tactics manual?

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:14:54 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Tactics manual?

On 26-May-00 at 00:23, Allan Goodall (agoodall@interlog.com) wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2000 08:48:58 +0300 (EEST), Mikko Kurki-Suonio
> <maxxon@dram.swob.dna.fi> wrote:
>
> >Thus you'd end up either with countless permutations of over-specific
> >tactics, or some over-general wishy-washy handwaving...
>
> I think, though, that general advice for new players would be helpful.
> Things like what speed ratings work best under general circumstances,
> going after the small ships first, how to effectively place salvo
missiles,
> that sort of thing. Nothing too specific, but just general advice that
a new
> player can build on. The sort of stuff that takes half a dozen games
> figure out.
>
> Otherwise you're right, the tactics will be determined by the
situation.

Such things as "When facing FSE fleets keep _all_ your ADFC ships within
6 MU of your entire fleet."

Seems obvious, however, in the last PBeM game I played my newbie
opponent
split his fleet.  He will never do that again. :)

Of course, I suckered him into doing it.

Roger

Prev: Re: Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My! Next: RE: Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!