Prev: Re: Japan was Royal Dutch Commonwealth Next: Re: Tactics manual?

Re: Of questionable nationality.... [mostly OT]

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 00:14:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Of questionable nationality.... [mostly OT]

On Fri, 26 May 2000 10:35:09 +1000, Beth Fulton
<beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>
wrote:

>Think koala bear with massive teeth and killer attitude, ambush
predator
>that drops out of trees on you, another reason why Aussies always carry

>sharp sticks... also actually a very long running joke we play on
>unsuspecting overseas visitors just to make them extra jumpy when they
go
>plodding around our wilder areas - like the snakes, scorpions and
spiders
>hadn't already done that ;)

The SAS Survival Manual lists bears as the most dangerous predator on
the
planet. Not only are they big and fairly fast, they can climb, they have
stamina, and they are smart.

Polar bears, for instance, have been known to hunt with a paw over their
nose.
Why? Because they know that their nose is black and breaks up their
colour
scheme. It's not the first unsuspecting hunter that's gone after polar
bear
and never been seen again.

I still think we need some formal SG2 and DS2 weather rules! It's
important to
remember, in Canada, that you CAN die from just being outside! My
friends in
Southern Mississippi can hardly believe, though, that while it's
Subarctic in
Toronto in the winter (and no hissing and booing from those in other,
colder,
parts of the country!), it's Subtropical in the summer. I want to see
snow
rules! *S*

Oh, and for that "best part of North America" part in Tom's post, it's
from a
beer commercial that is surprisingly (for Canadians) very patriotic
sounding.
I have the URL if anyone wants to see the QuickTime movie of the ad.
Non-Americans on the list will get a kick out of it, especially the "I
speak
English and French, not American" and "It IS pronounced "zed". Not
"zee",
"zed"! lines. *S*

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Japan was Royal Dutch Commonwealth Next: Re: Tactics manual?