Prev: Re: Of questionable nationality.... [mostly OT] Next: Re: Japan was Royal Dutch Commonwealth

[DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt

From: "Denny Graver" <den_den_den@t...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 01:58:56 +0100
Subject: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt

I'm thinking of running a SG/DS PBEMbattle using the chain
of command, fog of war, LOS etc - fighting the out a game based on say..
The
Ogre Scenario: Ceasefire collapse would be interesting, I think.
Obviously
the game scales are different, and GZG powered armour troops don#t shoot
I'm still formulating my ideas on this, but it would run like a
kreigspiel
style
game with unit commanders knowing where the enemy is only if he can be
seen/detected.

DS Players would give general orders for their units which would advance
towards their objectives/waypoints at the appropriate speed.  When
forces
make Contact the game turn would be noted and details would be sent to
appropriate unit commanders for responses.  This might mean a battle
resolved by Dirtside if the forces are large enough, or Stargrunt if
Skirmish sized.

Any thoughts on this, anyone ?

:DEN

MKW Veteran, 7-Player Stellar Conquest GM, RMN Commander

P.s.  Any pointers to Pregenerated Web-based TO&E would be appreciated,
_especially_ Vechicle stats. game conversions , etc.

Prev: Re: Of questionable nationality.... [mostly OT] Next: Re: Japan was Royal Dutch Commonwealth