Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Colours Next: Re: [OT] Irregular 6mm Infantry

[OT] Gundam Model Kit

From: "Christopher K Smith" <smithck72@h...>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 20:09:39 -0500
Subject: [OT] Gundam Model Kit

    I don't know how many people are watching the Gundam Wing series on
Cartoon Network, but my local hobby shop got a few of the plastic model
kits
in the other day.  Most of them are out of my price range, and rather
large.
I did pick up a Mobile Suit Mobile Turn X  ($12.00), which I haven't
seen in
the show.  It's a 1/144 scale kit and stands about 5 inches or 130mm
tall.
Obviously too big for DS2, and since I don't play SG I am not sure if it
could be used for it either (maybe an alien infantry walker or combat
walker
design).  But it is such a sweet model I had to pick one up.  It snapped
together pretty quickly and has about twelve articulation points, a
couple
of weapons for one arm (bazooka and a beam rifle), and a "weld off
destruction manipulator" for the other arm.  Hopefully I will get around
painting it one of these days (any ideas would be welcome).    One
downside
is that the booklet that comes with it is in Japanese I guess, so I
can't
read the fluff text that accompanies the model.  Anyone got any idea
where I
might find a translation?

Christopher K Smith
SR MECH Auburn University
Homepage http://www.auburn.edu/~smithck

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Colours Next: Re: [OT] Irregular 6mm Infantry