Prev: Re: (FT) Floating table Next: Re: [FT]: Happiness Is....

Re: Campaign costs

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 01:57:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Campaign costs

SFB had something like this also...On the Master Ship Chart, some ships
have an
"economic value" (cost to build), and a "combat value" (value in
combat).  All
other ships have just one value.

To me IMHO, this seemed kind of silly.

I always thought that ships should only have one value to purchase it.
As to combat values, let the systems on board each ship speak for
themselves...

(IE: If this is adopted, it should be optional.)

Donald Hosford

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> I was reading through Lightning Strike (from DP9) last night. Apart
from
> the "have these guys repackaged Votoms and Gundam in their own
> backgrounds, or have they done it" feeling, an interesting facet I
> noticed:
>
> Lightning Strike gives units two different costs. I.e. they admit that
> some units are more valuable in a campaign environment than in one-off
> battles, and adjust costs accordingly.
>
> Admitting the facts is groundwork for any progress.
>
> Perhaps this is something we could use?
>
> --
> maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio)	    | A pig who doesn't
fly
> GSM +358 50 5596411 Tel +358 9 8092681	    | is just an
ordinary pig
> Länsimetsä 3B1 02300 ESPOO FINLAND	 Hate me? Try | 	- Porco
Rosso