Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet Survey #1 & 2 Next: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi

Re: [FT] Fleet Survey #1: Fleet Ownership

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 08:42:21 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Fleet Survey #1: Fleet Ownership

<beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>
>wrote:
>
>>G'day guys,
>>
>This is the first of two surveys I'd like to do. This is for people who
have
>an official fleet: that is, use official GZG figures for their fleets.
There's
>a follow-up question for everyone.
>
>I currently have two official fleets: an FSE fleet and an NAC fleet.
These are
>pretty extensive. I'm almost done painting the FSE fleet, then it's on
to the
>NAC fleet. I'm thinking of getting a third "official" fleet. The
question is:
>which fleet?
>
>So, here's the survey: what official fleets do you have? Now that the
Fleet
>Book 2 is out, what official fleets are you looking at purchasing?

The Reynolds Consortium has a smattering of overhauled/redesigned
second-hand ESU and NAC vessels (the NACs modified to eliminate the
brittle "neck", which makes them look a *lot* more like the ESU vessels;
I wonder if that's deliberate?). But the bulk of the (admittedly, small)
RC fleet consists of saucers, up to a mass-250 (or so, don't remember
off-hand) fleet carrier. And we expect to commission two new classes
soon: a pair of BDN (B5Wars BW-274 "Vree Xorr War Saucer") and an SDN
(B5Wars BW-273 "Xree Xill Battle Saucer"). (The minis are a bit
pricey, but the available non-Star Trek saucers are limited; the
fleet is mostly scratch-built from buttons and such.)
   Also under development: a new heavily-armored SDN class (old
Traveller "triangular brick" research vessel minis, slightly
modified).

Fleet colors: Metallic copper-brown, gold highlights.

I like the looks of most of the ESU and NSL ships, and intend to
eventually accumulate a full fleet of each. And I'll probably
assemble a fleet of the Sa'vasku ships when the full range is
available.

Unfortunately, I haven't had enough opportunities to play to
decide what weapons mix, speed, and/or tactics I prefer.
(Translation: I haven't played enough to not lose. ;-) )

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds
Full Thrust at Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/ft/
Gamer's Gallery at Spinward Stars:
http://www.spinwardstars.com/ggallery/
Armageddon Outfitter: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol/gaming/war/ao/
reynol@primenet.com, samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet Survey #1 & 2 Next: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi