Prev: RE: [SG][DS][Campaigns] Mass transport and low G planets Next: Re: [FT] Fleet Survey #1: Fleet Ownership

Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 21:25:34 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi

At 8:21 PM -0400 5/18/00, Aaron Teske wrote:
>At 06:34 PM 5/18/00 -0400, Laserlight wrote:
>[snicker-snack]
>>Horatio Hornblower books by CS Forester (set in Napoleonic Wars
>>ca AD1800 but read them anyway, great insight into the thoughts
>>of an aggressive captain).
>
>And, in a similar vein but SF, the "Hope" series by David Feintuch
(starts
>with Midshipman's Hope).
>
>Also the two Star Wolf books (Voyage of the Star Wolf, The Middle of
>Nowhere) by David Gerrold, though in the second he gets into the same
>didactic moralising that filled his third Chtorr book and Starhunt.
(The
>Chtorr books are good, if you don't mind a major leap in tech in the
fourth
>book and the abrupt, if hopefully temporary, endpoint to the series
'cause
>he doesn't have a publisher.)

I've got an update from David Gerrold (dated 5/13/00) sitting in my
In Box. He's apparently just cleared his desk, and is starting to
work on the fith book again. The first four will be reprinted. So
there's hope.
--

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: RE: [SG][DS][Campaigns] Mass transport and low G planets Next: Re: [FT] Fleet Survey #1: Fleet Ownership