Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle Next: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi

Re: Sa'Vasku Colours

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 09:42:41 +1000
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Colours

G'day Nick,

 >Just out of interest what colour schemes have other Sa'Vasku
 >players gone for?

Don't know if you've seen the painting FAQ at.... I've completely
forgotten
and now can't find it in my bookmarks sorry (Tim is that one of yours?)

If you do find it (maybe via the web ring) its got a list of SV paint
schemes.

We've painted up a few SV fleets now (for ourselves and others),
essentially

First one was black undercoat with a blue body and purple legs (shaded
from
dark to light as you went from the body to the tip)and 'eyes' /bulbs
whatever they are  with pink veins over the top, finished off with a
blue
wash and highlighting for the body and a purple wash for the legs and
bulbs.

Second one was black undercoat with successive orange through to bone
drybrushing

Third one was green body, with light green veins, yellow legs and ruby
(i.e. painted live a gemstone) bulbs

Idea for a future one, black with opalescent highlighting (so get
iridescent like effect seen on beetles) and another idea was black with
grey drybrushing and then yellow zigzags all over to look like B5
shadows.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle Next: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi